Here's How Curbside Pickup Works:
1: Place your hold.
• Search the catalog for the item you want and click "Place Request" or use our callback service to let us know what you want (219-769-3541, ext 4)
• Not sure what you want? Use Ask a Librarian or the callback service to ask for a recommendation based on your taste!
• Filling holds may take one full business day after the item is listed as available in our catalog. Thank you for your patience!
2: Wait for your hold notification.
• Do not come to the library until you receive your notification!
• We highly recommend using email notifications because they contain detailed instructions. You can use them in addition to text message notifications. Here's how.
• You'll have 7 days to pick up your holds once you receive your notification.
• You must pick up all available holds; we won't leave available holds on the shelf for later.
3: Go to the library and park in a designated curbside pickup spot. Stay in your vehicle with the windows rolled up.
• If you leave your vehicle we will not deliver your items.
• Walked or biked to the library? Here's how to use curbside service without a vehicle.
4: Call the number on the parking spot sign and press 1
• Don't call until you're actually in one of the special curbside parking spots, even if you have to wait for someone else to pull away!
• If the line is busy, just hang up and try again. There may be many people at your branch picking up items!
• Have your library card number ready. We'll need you to read it to us to make sure you get the right items.
• If you won't be able to exit your vehicle to get the items from the hook due to mobility concerns, please let staff know at this time. We'll work with you to hand off your items safely.
• Don't attempt to place further holds using this phone line. Holds are only accepted via callback service or through the catalog.
5: STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE with the windows rolled up. A staff member will arrive shortly and hang your items on the hook in front of your vehicle.
• You may exit your vehicle to pick up your items after staff have gone back into the building.
• Don't attempt to return materials during your pick up. Use the drop boxes instead.
6: Enjoy your library items!